On Thursday, 28 October 2021 the final webinar in the series of on-line education for business women, middle level managers of companies of Bosnia and Herzegovina was held. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) BiH, in cooperation with AmCham BiH, held a webinar as a part of the EBRD's "Women in Business" program.
The topic of the final webinar was the topic of negotiation skills which, we must agree, can certainly be seen as a valuable skill in all segments of life, business and private.
The gathering was also addressed by Mrs. Amina Karić, President of the Board of Directors of AmCham BiH and Vice President of Operations at Authority Partners, who praised the event, the topic but also the initiative itself and spoke about her personal experience in business, and Mrs. Manuela Naessl, Head of the EBRD BiH. Through the Women in Business program, the EBRD BiH supports women and companies in which women run businesses by providing training and education, as well as financing.
An extremely well-attended webinar can be thanked to the expert Ms. Lucija Paić Gotovac who is an organizational psychologist and consultant at RAMIRO d.o.o. Zagreb, Croatia. Through a webinar, Lucia talked about how to achieve a win-win situation in negotiations. She emphasized the following:
- what negotiation is and why it is important in efficient business;
- what are the usual business situations in which we negotiate without even being aware of it;
- why trying to reach a compromise can reduce the chances of achieving a win-win situation;
- how to successfully prepare for negotiations;
- how to successfully present a business or any other proposal;
- what are the usual obstacles in the negotiation process and how to avoid them.
Incredible energy and knowledge certainly influenced all participants, so the webinar was accompanied by a series of questions and great interest in additional advice.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the EBRD BiH for its initiative, excellent cooperation and organization. We look forward to continuing our cooperation in 2022. We also thank the participants, business women and entrepreneurs for their interest and participation.